The Friends of St Matthew with St Paul
Conservation and development for the future
Our churches belong to the whole community.
For centuries, they have served and been served by local people.
Both churches are beautiful, and open to all.
Become a Friend
- to support the church congregations in the important work of maintaining the fabric and enhancing the facilities of both buildings for future generations
- to encourage greater use of our buildings by the community
- to form a diverse and vibrant Friends group that promotes its work in the wider community
- organising social and fund-raising events
- publicising our activities through the parish magazine
- recruiting new members to the Friends
- holding an Annual General Meeting to report and celebrate the year’s achievements
How you can help
- by making a financial contribution and becoming a Friend
- by supporting our activities and events
- by encouraging other like-minded people to join the Friends
Please join the Friends
Application forms are available at the back of both churches. Alternatively, do ring 01962 844878 or contact the parish administrator. Annual subscription rates are £15 for individuals or £25 for family membership.
Between 2012 and 2016, membership subscriptions and income from events have raised £11,000 towards repairs and improvements at St Matthew’s. In 2017 we hope to be able to contribute generously towards the exciting plans being developed at St Paul’s, including new community facilities.
An evening with Alan Titchmarsh
Thursday 23 March, 7.30 pm
Conducted tour of the Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, Ampfield
Saturday 3 June, 2–3.30 pm
Coach trip to the Mary Rose exhibition in Portsmouth
Saturday 22 July, 9.30 am
Conducted tour of the Houses of Parliament
Monday 16 October, 11 am
All are welcome, whether you have links with the church or not.
If you’re interested in attending any of the events or would like to learn more about the Friends, please contact the chairman, Geoffrey Burnaby, by e-mail or ring 01962 865432.